Are you tired of making decisions on a whim? Do you want to improve your strategic thinking skills? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 grand strategy games for beginners that will challenge your mind and help you become the ultimate strategist. From building empires to managing resources, these games will teach you how to think critically and strategically in any situation. Get ready to conquer new worlds and outsmart your opponents with our easy-to-follow guide. Let’s dive into the world of grand strategy gaming!
What Is Grand Strategy?
Grand strategy games are a genre of video games that emphasize strategic planning and resource management. They typically involve large-scale military conflicts and require the player to make decisions about diplomacy, production, and economic growth.
Grand strategy games have been around for centuries, with early examples including chess and go. In the modern era, these games became popular with the release of titles such as Civilization and Total War.
There are many different types of grand strategy games, but they all share some common features. Players must carefully manage their resources in order to build up their armies and economies. They must also make decisions about when to attack their enemies and when to negotiate peace treaties.
Grand strategy games can be very complex, but they are also very rewarding. These games give players a chance to exercise their tactical and strategic skills while also providing an opportunity to learn about history and geopolitics.
Benefits of Playing Grand Strategy Games
Grand strategy games are complex, multi-faceted simulations that require players to think critically and make decisions based on incomplete information. They are an excellent way to learn about different aspects of strategic thinking, such as resource management, diplomacy, and military tactics. In addition, grand strategy games can be extremely enjoyable and provide hours of entertainment. Here are some of the benefits of playing grand strategy games:
1. Grand strategy games teach players how to think strategically.
2. Grand strategy games improve problem-solving skills.
3. Grand strategy games help players develop a better understanding of history and current affairs.
4. Grand strategy games promote creativity and imagination.
5. Grand strategy games are great for socializing and making new friends.
10 Grand Strategy Games for Beginners:
There are a lot of grand strategy games out there, and it can be overwhelming for beginners. Here are five great grand strategy games that are perfect for newcomers:
1. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: This is one of the most popular grand strategy games, and it’s perfect for those who want to learn the basics of this genre. You’ll start off by building a civilization from scratch, and then you’ll have to manage its growth and expansion. There’s a lot to learn in this game, but it’s all very rewarding.
2. Total War: Three Kingdoms: If you want to try something a bit different, then this game is perfect for you. It takes place in China during the Three Kingdoms period, and you’ll need to use all your cunning and strategy to survive. The game is packed with features, and it’s sure to keep you entertained for hours on end.
3. Europa Universalis IV: This is another popular choice among grand strategy gamers. In Europa Universalis IV, you take control of a nation and guide it through the years. There are many different paths you can take, and it’s up to you to decide how your nation will grow and change over time.
4. Hearts of Iron IV: If you’re interested in World War II history, then this is the game for you. Hearts of Iron IV lets
When most people think of strategy games, they think of something like chess. Two players face off against each other on a board, trying to outwit and outmaneuver each other until one player checkmates the other. But there’s a whole world of strategy games out there that are much more complex than chess, and which can be extremely rewarding to play.
One popular type of strategy game is the civilization game. In these games, you take control of a civilization from its early beginnings and try to guide it through the ages to become a powerful empire. There are many different ways to play these types of games, but they all involve managing your resources, expanding your territory, and dealing with other civilizations.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding strategy game, then a civilization game is definitely worth checking out. Here are some of the best ones available:
– Civilization VI: This is the latest entry in the long-running Civilization series, and it’s one of the best options for first-time players. It’s easy to learn but difficult to master, and it offers a huge amount of content to keep you playing for hundreds of hours.
– Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Another great option for first-time players, Civilization V is slightly less complicated than Civ VI but still provides an excellent gaming experience. If you want something that will last you a long time, this is definitely worth considering
– Crusader Kings II
If you’re looking for a grand strategy game that’s easy to get into, Crusader Kings II is a great option. With its simple mechanics and focus on medieval Europe, it’s a perfect entry point into the genre. Plus, it’s one of the most popular grand strategy games out there, so you’ll be able to find plenty of resources and support if you need it.
– Europa Universalis IV
Grand strategy games are complex and intimidating to newcomers, but they’re also some of the most rewarding experiences in gaming. Europa Universalis IV is a perfect entry point into the genre.
EUIV is a historical simulator that lets players take control of any nation in Europe from 1444 to 1821. The game is incredibly detailed, allowing for a huge amount of strategic depth. Players will need to manage their economy, military, diplomacy, and research in order to succeed.
The game can be daunting at first, but there’s a fantastic community that’s always willing to help new players. There are also a ton of resources available online, so it’s easy to get started. EUIV is an incredible game that’s well worth your time.
Sengoku is a grand strategy game set in 16th-century Japan. The country is in a state of war, and you must take control of one of the factions and lead them to victory. The game is complex, but very rewarding, and it’s a great introduction to the genre.
Stellaris is a grand strategy game set in the Cold War era. The player takes on the role of a world leader, trying to navigate the volatile international situation while managing their own country. The game features a detailed political system, and the player must use their diplomatic skills to try and achieve their goals.
– Hearts of Iron IV
Hearts of Iron IV is a grand strategy game that allows players to take control of any nation in the world during the Second World War. The game offers a deep and complex strategic experience, with a focus on historical accuracy and realism. Players will need to carefully consider their choices in order to succeed, and the game provides a unique challenge for those who enjoy strategy games.
– Victoria II
Victoria II is a grand strategy game set in the Victorian era. You take on the role of a nation, and must manage its economy, diplomacy, and military in order to achieve victory. The game features an in-depth political system, allowing you to influence your nation’s government and society. Victoria II is a challenging but rewarding game that will give you a deep understanding of the mechanics of grand strategy games.
– Endless Space 2
Endless Space 2 is a science fiction grand strategy game developed by Amplitude Studios and published by Sega. It was released on May 19, 2017. The game is a sequel to Endless Space, which was released in 2012.
Endless Space 2 is set in the fictional Endless Universe, which is inspired by the real world. The player takes on the role of one of eight factions vying for control of the galaxy. The player must explore star systems, colonize planets, research technologies, and build fleets to expand their empire. In order to win the game, the player must either achieve one of several victory conditions or be the last faction standing.
Endless Space 2 has received generally positive reviews from critics. Reviewers praised the game’s visuals, gameplay, and depth. However, some reviewers criticized the game’s pace and said that it was too complex for new players.
– Total War: Three Kingdoms
Total War: Three Kingdoms is a game set in China during the Three Kingdoms period. You can play as any of the factions from that era, including the Han, Shu, and Wu. The goal of the game is to conquer all of China and become the emperor. To do this, you’ll need to build up your army, economy, and technology. You’ll also need to make alliances and fight wars. The game is very detailed and complex, but it’s also a lot of fun.
– Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Age of Wonders: Planetfall is a turn-based strategy game that puts you in the role of a commander leading your troops through an epic campaign to colonize and conquer a new world. The game features a deep and complex strategic system that allows you to customize your army and playstyle to suit your preferences. There is also a robust diplomacy system that lets you interact with other factions, trade resources, and even declare wars.